Women’s Network Equality in Decision Making finalists in the ITU – UN Women GEM – TECH Awards 2014
The Gender Equality Mainstreaming –Technology (GEM-TECH) Award is an annual special achievement award for outstanding performers and role models in Gender Equality and mainstreaming in the area of ICTs. This event is an ITU-UN Women Joint award designed to demonstrate a commitment to advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment through ICTs. ITU-UN Women GEM-TECH Award seeks to create a platform for advancing women's meaningful engagement with ICTs and their role as decision-makers and producers within this sector. The objective of this first edition was to demonstrate a commitment to advancing gender equality and women's empowerment through ICTs. For this purpose, GEM-TECH award encouraged all stakeholders to submit nominations for organization and individuals. In this...
- Women’s Network Equality in Decision Making finalists in the ITU – UN Women GEM – TECH Awards 2014
- The Gender Equality Mainstreaming –Technology (GEM-TECH) Award is an annual special achievement award for outstanding performers and role models in Gender Equality and mainstreaming in the area of ICTs. This event is an ITU-UN Women Joint award designed to demonstrate a commitment to advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment through ICTs. ITU-UN... Read More
- Beqaj: Free examinations in 11 centers. Nikolla: Is necessary a new culture of health.
- On the occasion of the International Day of Fight against Breast Cancer, a mini marathon was organized in which hundreds of athletes and citizens in Tirana. . The motto of this mini marathon was “Run towards life”. The marathon started at the “Mother Teresa” Square, continued around the hills of the artificial lake and finished at the Lake Dam... Read More
- “Check Yourself”- Music Video About Breast Cancer
- Paula Abdul wants the ladies to know that if you’re over 50, you should be getting a mammogram once a year. So she’s reminding the public about this important health message with a medium everyone can... Read More
- Coalition for the Health of the Women discussed the situation and established recommendations on early detection and prevention of breast cancer in Albania
- Tirana 17 October 2014, Coalition for the Health of the Women a group formed by civil societies on gender issues and health, held today a roundtable to discuss early detection and prevention of breast cancer in Albania. The objective of this roundtable is to joint effort and raise awareness against breast cancer and early screening diagnostic and... Read More
- Mesila Doda and Klodjana Spahiu participated in Women in Parliament Global Forum, Washington D.C , US.
- Mesila Doda, MP for Democratic Party and Klodjana Spahiu, MP for Socialist Party and head of the Health Committee, participated in the Women in Parliament Global Forum that aimed to facilitate the dialogue between female MPs and international financial institutions, by joining the World Bank and IMF Annual Meeting 2014 this month in Washington. During this... Read More
- Ilir Meta at the Inter- Parliamentary Union: Increasing Gender equality.
- Ilir Meta attended the 131 Inter- Parliamentary Union in Geneva during this week as the head of the permanent delegation of the Albanian Parliament. The Assembly President was accompanied by MPs Arta Dade, Chair of the Foreign Affairs and Shpetim Idrizi, member of the Parliament Delegation at the IPU . The session was attended by mayors and parliamentary... Read More
- Women in Politics: 2014
- Launched by the Inter-Parliamentary Union and UN Women, the map shows that while progress on women’s political participation continues to be largely positive across the world, glass ceilings remain firmly in place for women at the highest levels. wmnmap14_en... Read More
- International Conference: “On the Road to Empowering Women in Politics, Peace Processes and EU Integration”
- Women’s Network Equality in Decision Making was present in the International Conference “On the Road to Empowering Women in Politics, Peace Processes and EU Integration” in Saranda 18-19 September, organized by the Regional Women’s Lobby for Peace, Security and Justice in South East Europe. At the Conference, leaders’ women in politics and... Read More
- Call for Applications Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program
- The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship Program is an international exchange program named in honor of NED’s principal founders, former president Ronald Reagan and the late congressman Dante Fascell. Funded by the U.S. Congress, the fellowship program supports democratic activists, scholars, and journalists from around the world to undertake independent... Read More
- Call for applications for Training of Trainers on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Would you like to learn more about people with disabilities and their rights? Are you interested in becoming an advocate for their inclusion in the Albanian society? Do you have a university degree? If you answered “Yes” to these three questions, you are a very good candidate for a FREE (all expenses paid) five-day training workshop to take place... Read More